Iowa / Illinois pCard program
Iowa ASBO has participated in the multi-state pCard program initiated by Illinois ASBO since 2007.
What is a pCard?
A pCard (often called purchase card) is essentially a credit card with controls on spending limits, purchases etc,. to enhance internal controls and reduce paperwork time and expense associated with traditional purchasing procedures.
How does it help schools?
• Improves internal controls by virtue of limits and controls that can be placed on each card:
• Reduces the volume of paper for purchase orders and checks processed through the business office:
• Provides a token rebate to encourage / reward use:
Why participate in this program rather than one offered by banks and other credit card companies?
• Designed and monitored by and for schools rather than the profit motive of corporate cards:
• Competitive rebate:
• Chosen by 16 other states as the preferred program:
What is the application process?
• Download the two files below containing the application forms from the pCard section of the Iowa ASBO website:
• Determine the monthly credit limit to be requested: (contact IASBO Executive Director for various approaches to determining your district's credit limit request)
• Pass a board resolution approving the program application:
• Complete the forms where blanks are indicated and submit to Iowa ASBO for review and forwarding to the credit rating agency: (they use the prior 3 audits found on the state auditor’s website)
• Plan implementation: (provide cards to many or a few, develop staff responsibility forms, etc.)
• Plan on about 2-3 months from the time you decide to participate until cards are actually in use:
Complete the following forms and submit to:
Iowa ASBO - 62 Hidden River Ct., Tipton, IA 52772
Call Dr. Scharff at 515.210.7457 with any questions about the application process or completing the forms.
#1 Master instructions and forms
#2 Bank forms
2015-16 rebate distribution
2014-15 rebate distribution