CODE OF ETHICS & STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
1. Make the well-being of students the fundamental value in all decision making and actions.
2. Fulfill professional responsibilities openly with honesty and integrity.
3. Support the goals and objectives of your school system.
4. Interpret and implement the policies and practices of the district to subordinates and the community fairly and objectively.
5. Assist other employees in fulfilling their obligations and achieve their potential.
6. Build the best possible image of your school district, and uphold the dignity and decorum of your office in every way.
7. Avoid conflict of interest situations.
8. Never use your position for personal gain.
9. Never accept or offer illegal payment for services rendered, and refrain from accepting gifts, free services, or anything of value for or because of any act performed or withheld.
10. Permit the use of school property only for officially authorized activities.
11. Support the actions of colleagues whenever possible, never publicly criticizing or censuring another professional or board member.
12. Honor all contracts until fulfillment or release.
Board of Educational Examiners Ethical Standards of Conduct for SBO